On Sept. 13th, we posted an e-mail from Change.org that told the story of Terrence Williams, the Pennsylvania death row inmate, scheduled for execution on Oct. 3rd. Williams was found guilty of murdering the men who had continuously raped him since his early teens.
Here’s the link to the New York Times article:
The inmate, Terrance Williams, 46, is scheduled to be executed by lethal injection on Oct. 3 for killing a man after what his supporters say was years of being abused by the victim, as well as by a teacher and an older boy who first raped him when he was 6.
This case has received a lot of media attention, and groups like Change.org are seeking to have the death penalty overturned in favor of life in prison. In Pennsylvania, a life sentence means no parole.
A petition urging Gov. Tom Corbett and the state’s Board of Pardons to commute Mr. Williams’s sentence to life without parole has been signed, his lawyers said, by about 286,000 supporters, including former judges, religious leaders, mental health professionals and 35 advocates for children, who say his crimes resulted from a long history of abuse.
Personally, I – not being a lawyer – would call what Terry did, justifiable homicide. In my opinion, although he certainly does not deserve death, nor does he deserve life w/o parole.
- An E-Mail From Change.org (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Pennsylvania man, imprisoned since the age of 18, faces execution for murder of older men who repeatedly raped him (boingboing.net)
- PENNSYLVANIA IS PREPARING TO EXECUTE TERRENCE “TERRY” WILLIAMS, please read these lines (inprisonedwomen.wordpress.com)
- Now Sign the Petition Please for Terrance Williams, Survivior of Child Sexual Abuse (inprisonedwomen.wordpress.com)
- PENNSYLVANIA-Terry Williams Sentenced to Execution for Killing Two Men Who Sexually Abused Him as a Child (claimyourinnocence.wordpress.com)
- Advocates plead for clemency in looming execution of Terrance Williams (prisonmovement.wordpress.com)