We’ve been following this story. Here’s the latest in this tragic case.
Our gratitude to Prisonmovement’s Weblog for keeping us updated.
Williams was a victim of constant sexual abuse by family members and other adults in his life, since he was 6 years old. While it can certainly be argued as to whether or not that entitled him to take the lives of those who had abused him, a consensus would agree that he doesn’t deserve the death penalty.
With Williams’ state and federal appeals exhausted all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, the 46-year-old former Germantown High School quarterback’s last hope of escaping becoming the first person executed in Pennsylvania in 13 years lies in a hearing Thursday before Philadelphia Common Pleas M. Teresa Sarmina.
Again, a tip of the hat to Prisonmovement’s Weblog for their great coverage of this story. Here’s that link, again:
- An E-Mail From Change.org (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Kids Behind Bars – from Prisonmovement’s Weblog (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- PENNSYLVANIA IS PREPARING TO EXECUTE TERRENCE “TERRY” WILLIAMS, please read these lines (inprisonedwomen.wordpress.com)
- Innocent deaf woman spends 60 hours in jail without interpreter – From Prisonmovent’s Weblog (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Now Sign the Petition Please for Terrance Williams, Survivior of Child Sexual Abuse (inprisonedwomen.wordpress.com)
- A Push for Clemency in Pennsylvania as an Execution Nears (nytimes.com)
- Advocates plead for clemency in looming execution of Terrance Williams (prisonmovement.wordpress.com)