We’ve been following this story. Here’s the latest in this tragic case.
Our gratitude to Prisonmovement’s Weblog for keeping us updated.
A divided Pennsylvania Board of Pardons voted against clemency for convicted Philadelphia killer Terrance “Terry” Williams in the 1984 killing of Mount Airy churchman Amos Norwood.
Williams was a victim of constant sexual abuse by family members and other adults in his life, since he was 6 years old. While it can certainly be argued as to whether or not that entitled him to take the lives of those who had abused him, a consensus would agree that he doesn’t deserve the death penalty.
With Williams’ state and federal appeals exhausted all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, the 46-year-old former Germantown High School quarterback’s last hope of escaping becoming the first person executed in Pennsylvania in 13 years lies in a hearing Thursday before Philadelphia Common Pleas M. Teresa Sarmina.
Again, a tip of the hat to Prisonmovement’s Weblog for their great coverage of this story. Here’s that link, again:
- An E-Mail From Change.org (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Kids Behind Bars – from Prisonmovement’s Weblog (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- PENNSYLVANIA IS PREPARING TO EXECUTE TERRENCE “TERRY” WILLIAMS, please read these lines (inprisonedwomen.wordpress.com)
- Innocent deaf woman spends 60 hours in jail without interpreter – From Prisonmovent’s Weblog (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Now Sign the Petition Please for Terrance Williams, Survivior of Child Sexual Abuse (inprisonedwomen.wordpress.com)
- A Push for Clemency in Pennsylvania as an Execution Nears (nytimes.com)
- Advocates plead for clemency in looming execution of Terrance Williams (prisonmovement.wordpress.com)
3 thoughts on “Breaking – From Prisonmovement’s Weblog – PA Rejects Clemency in Terry Williams Case”
Apparently a hearing is ongoing today to attempt to change the death sentence for the defendant. His legal team appears to be excellent. I wish them good fortune. http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20120920_Hearing_under_way_in_bid_to_spare_condemned_man.html
Thanks, Marsha for the update. I’ll post it as soon as I get a sec.