One of the things I’m proudest of where DeafInPrison.com is concerned is the varied collection of graphics we use in our posts.
I feel these graphics do much more than merely up our search engine ratings. I think they enhance the articles and add greatly to the enjoyment you – our readers – experience when you visit our site. But, as it turns out, they have also greatly benefited me. I carom through dozens of pictures for each post I put up, and for those our other contributors post, which it is my honor to edit and format.
As you already know, we at DeafInPrison.com have a deep abiding respect for intellectual property, and we always credit the sources for our art, and provide links back to the original sites. We also get a lot of artwork from other sites when we reblog, and from Wikipedia.
Basically, the whole Internet serves as source material for the many great graphics we’ve put up on this site over the last 7 months.
As any student of art can tell you, suffering is the fuel for art, and nowhere is suffering more acute than in the prison system. Especially for the Deaf. We know that, but what I’ve learned is that these subjects make for a wealth of beautiful photos and drawings that we can share with you.
It is my hope that each of these photos and images will move you, as they have moved me. This site is not only an educational resource, bringing awareness to desperate and tragic issues, but also a meeting place where fertile minds can work to resolve them.
So enjoy these pictures as much as I enjoy bringing them to you. The world is a broken place, and this site deals with one of its greatest areas of brokenness. But that doesn’t mean we can’t look at a beautiful picture – even one of a horrific prison, or a Human being, being slowly robbed of his sanity in solitary confinement – and derive some meaning from it.
- Lipreading Mom’s Show Me Your Ears Campaign (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Could Taylor Swift End Up Performing For Deaf Audience? (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- August at DeafInPrison.com (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Plea For Help From Law Enforcement (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Deaf Serial Killers (psychologytoday.com)
- More News from HEARD (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- What I Learned from a (Deaf) Baseball Player – From Lipreading Mom (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- HEARD’s Writing Campaign (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Miranda, Hearing Juveniles and Deaf Juvenile Offenders (deafinprison.wordpress.com)