In a story we’ve been following, TODAYonline reports that Taylor Swift, after an Internet hoax promised a concert at Horace Mann School for the Deaf, has offered to give the school over 12,000 dollars worth of tickets.
Here’s the page link:
The cruel joke was intended to mock both Swift and the Deaf population – the idea being that Deaf kids can’t enjoy music. The principal of the school however, stated unequivocally that his students welcomed Swift, and were disappointed when the school was disqualified from the contest.
We applaud Taylor Swift on her decision to try and get some of these kids in to see her show.
- Taylor Swift Gives Free Tickets to Horace Mann School for the Deaf in Allston (1033ampradio.cbslocal.com)
- Taylor Swift Gives Free Tickets To School For The Deaf (new102.cbslocal.com)
- Taylor Swift Gives Horace Mann School For The Deaf Students Tickets After Prank (boston.cbslocal.com)
- Taylor Swift donates money to school after prank (cbsnews.com)
- Taylor Swift hates deaf kids (wwtdd.com)
- Taylor Swift gives Boston deaf school tickets after prank (blogs.tennessean.com)
- Could Taylor Swift End Up Performing For Deaf Audience? (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Taylor Swift Is Not Going To Give A Concert At A School For The Deaf (dlisted.com)
- Taylor Swift Gives Free Tickets To School For The Deaf (q104.cbslocal.com)
- School for Deaf Wins Taylor Swift Concert, Disqualified (newser.com)