By Pat Bliss
An organization called Just Detention International is planning a series of Webinars on helping inmate survivors of sexual abuse and rape. Understanding the Issue: An Overview of Sexual Abuse in Prison is the title of the first one, and it’s scheduled to occur on Monday, November 5, 2012, at 2:00 PM EST. There will be 2 more in the series.
Here’s the link to their Web site:
You can register there for these informative and enlightening seminars. Here’s the embedded PDF of their newsletter for September
Pat Bliss is a retired paralegal in criminal law. She continues to do legal work for indigent prisoner cases showing innocence. She is a Certified Community Chaplain, Certified as a volunteer for CISM (Crises Intervention Stress Management) and involved in community events.
- Darkness to Light: Shedding Light on Sexual Abuse (Guest Post) (iwokeupyesterday.com)
- UPDATE: Putnam County Man Sentenced for Sexually Abusing 6-Year-Old Girl (wsaz.com)
- UK News: New guidance over child abuse calls (walesonline.co.uk)
- Sandusky runs risk of sexual assault in prison (goerie.com)
- Jerry Sandusky In Prison With Death Row Inmates (atlantablackstar.com)