I received the following e-mail the other day.
I work for OnlineSpeechPathologyPrograms.net, a site that provides info on education and job opportunities for students in speech pathology and relevant fields.
Since American Sign Language and other forms of signed communication are so useful for speech pathologists, we thought it would be useful to our readers to explore some of the best sites on ASL, sign interpretation, and other forms of communication used by those with speech disabilities.
To that end, we’re compiling a list of the Best Sign Language Resources for Speech Pathologists, and deafinprison has been nominated for inclusion!
We’re still open for nominations, so if you know of another great sign language website that would be useful in a speech pathologist’s studies or career, please email me a link!
Well, you know it’s not the award, it’s the nomination – as they say. I’ll have to rent a tux. And there better be red M&Ms in the dressing room.
All kidding aside, I am pleased that they have seen our site, and that they chose it as one of their resources for students and professionals in the field of speech pathology.
If any of you can think of a site that they may also be interested in knowing about, feel free to send a link by clicking “here.”
Again, thank you OnlineSpeechPathologyPrograms.net for the recognition. We here at the massive DeafInPrison.com Plaza are all atwitter.
BitcoDavid is a blogger and a blog site consultant. In former lives, he was an audio engineer, a videographer, a teacher – even a cab driver. He is an avid health and fitness enthusiast and a Pro/Am boxer. He has spent years working with diet and exercise to combat obesity and obesity related illness.
- McCaskill Reinstated (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- 7 Things You Should Know About Sign Language (mentalfloss.com)
- An Enlightening FaceBook Exchange (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- An Excellent Video From DeafInc (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Proposed new ASL signs could change how deaf people discuss science (io9.com)
- Crowdsourcing site compiles new sign language for math and science (scienceblog.com)
- Sign-language interpreter points way to growing career (nbcnews.com)
- New Speech-Language Pathology Continuing Education Webinars From ASHA Approved Provider HomeCEUConnection.com Broadcasting This December (virtual-strategy.com)
- Amicus official wins award for promotion of signing (bangordailynews.com)
- Third Grade Reading Level: What Does It Mean for An Adult Deaf Suspect? (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
6 thoughts on “How Cool is This!”