By Joanne Greenberg
Next time someone tells you to go fly a kite, show them this.
Ray Bethell is in his 80s, and Deaf. A Canadian, Ray comes to the Washington State Kite Festival every year. He flies 3 kites. Two with his hands and one attached to his waist. The audience signals their applause by waving their arms in the air. Please enjoy this man’s unique artwork.
Joanne Greenberg was born in 1932, in Brooklyn, NY. She was educated at American University and received and honorary Doctorate from Gallaudet University – the world’s only college for the Deaf. She has written 2 books on the subject and has spent decades working with state mental hospitals for appropriate care for the mentally ill Deaf.
- Romancing the wind (jtm71.wordpress.com)
- Go Fly A Kite – Romancing the Wind – T.S. (inquiringminds.cc)
- Promises Made, Promises Broken (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Your Money or Your Life (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- can’t relax? go fly a kite…like this guy… (clayzmama.com)
- Romancing the Wind with dancing kites (cyprusscene.com)
- Sunday Morning: Romancing the Wind (davidkanigan.com)
- International Symposium on Criminal Justice and the Deaf (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Romancing the Wind with dancing kites (tfrnorthcyprus.wordpress.com)