Shanna Groves is working on a new campaign to bring awareness to the subject of bullying of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. LipreadingMom is one of our favorite sites, and she’s been a wonderful asset for us. We are honored and happy to help out with this campaign in whatever way we can.
As a person with hearing loss, I have seen bullying first hand. I’ve been called ‘stupid,’ ‘mule-headed,’ and have been nicknamed ‘La-La-Land Shanna.’ I simply want to be known as Shanna. Help the more than 48 million people in the United States and worldwide with hearing loss and deafness by bringing awareness to the need to stop this kind of harassment and bullying. People who are deaf or hard of hearing need acceptance, not rejection, to thrive in school and the workplace. Repeat this: “Hearing loss and deafness bullying ends…with ME.” Learn more about my story at LipreadingMom.com.
Here’s the link.
BitcoDavid is a blogger and a blog site consultant. In former lives, he was an audio engineer, a videographer, a teacher – even a cab driver. He is an avid health and fitness enthusiast and a Pro/Am boxer. He has spent years working with diet and exercise to combat obesity and obesity related illness.
- How Can *You* Stop Hearing Loss Bullying? (lipreadingmom.com)
- Do You Have a Hearing Loss Question? Ask Lipreading Mom! (lipreadingmom.com)
- Are You Bullied Because of Your Hearing Loss? (lipreadingmom.com)
- 13 Basic Communication Tips for Interacting with Deaf and Hard of Hearing People (signsoflifeasl.wordpress.com)
- Cochlear implants aid adults with hearing loss (healthnexercise.com)
- Over 360 mln people live with hearing loss: WHO (nzweek.com)