Wow! When it rains… We have 6 days left in our month-long Birthday celebration, and we’ve been nominated for 2 awards! This most recent, comes from Hands Talk Too – the Liebster Award! We are grateful to Dholiness and Hands Talk Too for nominating us.
Step 1) Answer the following 11 Questions:
1. What are your 5 favorite books? Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, Tess of the d’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy, Victor Hugo’s Hunchback of Notre Dame, Number 4 would be Les Miserables, also by Hugo, and Number 5 – Steinbeck’s Grapes of Wrath.
2. Where would you like to live? The Enterprise.
3. Winter or summer? Summer.
4. Do you enjoy blogging? Yes, I do.
5. If you could change something in your blog, what would this be? Instead of having papers like the New York Times and the Washington Post as sources, I would rather be the major source for them. “Hey BitcoDavid, we have a deadline coming up, and we wanted your take on…”
6. What do you despise? Stupidity, ignorance, the Idiocracy.
7. If you could spend half a day with a famous person, who would you choose and why? Beethoven. I figure Beethoven was probably a pretty cool dude. He liked to party, enjoyed the company of women, and wrote some of the most compelling music of all times. Plus, he was deaf (small d), and his music is about pain.
8. What do you do to relax? Work. Write and fight – not necessarily in that order, but I do like bashing it around in the ring. No, really. I’m most relaxed doing what I do.
9. Homemade or store-bought? Definitely homemade. Preferably, actually invented.
10. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be? Oh, come on. I’d be rich – bitches. I mean, Romney Rich.
11. What language would you like to learn and why? I have a tiny bit of German, I picked up from studying the Holocaust for the past 3 decades – and yes, one can learn too much about certain things. I’d like to learn ASL, partly because of my involvement with the Deaf, and partly because it’s a non-verbal language so it lights up more gray matter.
Next, I have to tell you 11 facts about me:
1. I’ve been clean and sober since 1989.
2. I’ve been on a high protein, low carb diet since I was diagnosed with Diabetes in 2006. I’ve controlled the disease so well, that I’ve been medication free for the past 4 years, and my endocrinologist no longer classifies me as Diabetic.
3. When I’m not writing or fighting, I like bike riding and running in 5K races.
4. I used to be a rock and roll soundman during Boston’s Independent Music heyday. I’ve mixed bands that have gone on to become cult legends.
5. I used to teach college level analog electronics. I was one of the more popular teachers – until the particular college gave me the opportunity to teach elsewhere.
6. At one time in my life, I could roller skate the length of Boston in about 30 minutes.
7. My wife and I are set to celebrate our 20th anniversary, this April.
8. I’ve been homeless for 3 different periods during my life.
9. Years ago, I knew this guy who used a tow truck to punch a hole in the wall of a convenience store, and steal their ATM machine. I swear to God, it wasn’t me. Anyway, he wrapped the hook around the machine and plucked it right out of the store. He then drove it up to New Hampshire, where he had a shop. Now, this guy – a master mechanic and experienced welder, couldn’t open the machine. He ended up tossing it into a river up in N.H. As far as I know, it’s up there still.
10. I’m finding teevee to be devolving to a state of even greater abysmal-ness than it used to be.
11. Speaking of teevee, there’s this commercial where a woman is telling us that her neighbor lost everything in a hurricane. The woman goes on to say, that in order to help her friend, she recommended DirecTV. I’m thinking, wouldn’t you have done her more good if you… oh I don’t know… let her use your SHOWER?
Finally, I have to nominate 11 sites:
1. BitcoDavid’s BoxingBlog. I know where my bread is buttered.
2. Moorbey’z Blog. Out of gratitude and mutual respect and assuming they don’t already have it.
3. A Public Defender. Believe it or not, some lawyers actually can write.
4. C’mon People or Sheeple? I think their name says it all.
6. UndergradWoman. Pinky Stanseski is our newest contributor, and we’re anxiously anticipating some great posts from her.
7. Just Cruisin 2. JC-2 has been following us for a while now. He likes dogs and cars. What else does one really need?
8. Lorelle on WordPress. Blogging is 50% your cause, and 50% Geekspeak. Lorelle offers some great tips on the tech end. This award however, is for sites with less than 200 followers, so she might not make the cut. She’s got a zillion (but it’s a metric zillion, so don’t be intimidated).
9. iPhonePhotoBlogging. Marsha Graham’s other site.
10. Glenn Langohr’s Memoirs in Print, Audio & Kindle. Glenn Langohr’s busier than a death row chaplain. Just Kidding! Oooh! You can hear a pin drop! (I’m goin’ to Hell for that one.) He writes for us, has a plethora of books out, and runs about 4 different blogs. This is one of them.
11. WaywardSpirit. WaywardSpirit has also been following us for quite a while. She offers an upbeat and positive message, which is the Yang to our Yin.
BitcoDavid is a blogger and a blog site consultant. In former lives, he was an audio engineer, a videographer, a teacher – even a cab driver. He is an avid health and fitness enthusiast and a Pro/Am boxer. He has spent years working with diet and exercise to combat obesity and obesity related illness.
- Moorbey Puts Us Up for Dragon’s Loyalty Award (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award: Embracing New Bloggers (mevscake.wordpress.com)
- Today’s the Day! Happy Birthday DeafInPrison.com! (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Deaf CCA Inmate Sues DC for Mistreatment (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Liebster award (clairelewisco.wordpress.com)
- My nomination for the “Liebster Award” (zestnzen.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award Nomination (davidanaturephotography.wordpress.com)
- Update on Englewood Case from H.E.A.R.D. (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Reminder: Symposium on Criminal Justice and the Deaf (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Team Blood (bitcodavidsboxingblog.com)