Talila Lewis from HEARD, wrote a piece that was featured in the South Florida Sun Sentinel. It’s an important article, because it singles out Tomoka – which is where Felix Garcia is unjustly serving time. Although this article refers to some horrible mistreatment of Deaf inmates, Felix has reported that he’s actually much happier there, than any of the other Florida institutions, at which he has been held, over his long 30 year incarceration.
Pat Bliss has informed me, that an unnamed Florida paper will also be covering Felix’s story, but that article has not yet been printed. She assures me that DeafInPrison.com will be the first to know, when it finally is published. In the meantime, be well Felix, we’re all behind you – and thank you so much Talila for this awesome op-ed. You rock!
BitcoDavid is a blogger and a blog site consultant. In former lives, he was an audio engineer, a videographer, a teacher – even a cab driver. He is an avid health and fitness enthusiast and a Pro/Am boxer. He has spent years working with diet and exercise to combat obesity and obesity related illness.
- H.E.A.R.D. Sends Letter to Editors of Major Fla. Papers (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Deaf Prisoners in Florida Face Abuse and Solitary Confinement (solitarywatch.com)
- April at DeafInPrison.com (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Most Influential Blogger Award (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- ASL Meetup 2 (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Them Hearies; Who Can Figure ‘Em? (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- So Long CISPA!!! (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Better (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Not Really a Digest Post – Sort of an Apetiser (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Week From Hell – Morphs Into Digest Post (deafinprison.wordpress.com)