This video, originally posted to YouTube by DeafHope, was featured on Bellamie Harvard’s The Broken Phoenix Blog.
Not only is the message powerful and enlightening – but the Sign is beautiful. Maybe someday, I’ll be able to sign this well.
BitcoDavid is a blogger and a blog site consultant. In former lives, he was an audio engineer, a videographer, a teacher – even a cab driver. He is an avid health and fitness enthusiast and a Pro/Am boxer. He has spent years working with diet and exercise to combat obesity and obesity related illness.
- ASL Meetup 2 (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Stop Hearing Loss Bullying Video Now Online (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Broken Sign: Important Announcement from BitcoDavid (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- April at DeafInPrison.com (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Rockstar Talila Lewis Gets Op-Ed in Major Newspaper (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Most Influential Blogger Award (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- The Truth about Registration and the Deadly Weapon mythology (bitcodavidsboxingblog.com)
- Not Really a Digest Post – Sort of an Apetiser (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Better (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
19 thoughts on “Amazing ASL Video Informs About Domestic Abuse”
Yes, it is a wonderful and timely video. I found it about a year ago and put it on the attorney blog when I was still trying to make a go of that.
I saw one recently from Canada which indicates the problems there are as bad or worse than here.
There is a war on women. It has been going on for a long, long time, but it is getting worse as time goes on. Deaf women are probably more vulnerable than most.
That surprises me, although it shouldn’t. We American Leftists think of Canada as some sort of pacifist utopia. I guess maybe not.Maybe the Crown of Creation himself is simply a flawed creature.
Thank you for posting this. This is the most excellent video I’ve seen on this topic to date. So many women today think it is only physical and don’t realize all the dimensions of domestic violence. I will share this on my blog, twitter, FaceBook and everywhere else I can think of.
I’m curious about the video from Canada. Is it subtitled? Can you share it with me? Thanks!