AlterNet reports that a California school administrator forced a Special-Education student to buy marijuana from a teenaged suspect, for a police sting. The boy is now the subject of bullying, violence and threats, and his parents are suing the district.
In a complaint filed against the Temecula Valley Unified School District this month, the child’s mother said, “My husband and I were just dumbfounded. How is this OK?” — AlterNet. She went on to mull the question as to when school administrators became cops.
Here’s a block quote from the AlterNet story:
[T]he assistant principal asked the special-education student to ask a fellow student for some marijuana; the assistant principal had a suspicion that the student was selling pot. The student told his parents about the request, and his parents then called the school to voice their objections. But the sting went ahead as planned. The marijuana was sold, and thecalled the police, who arrested the teenage dealer.
The parents want school district officials to be held accountable for this action. The claim they filed against the district states that officials engaged in “outrageous, reckless, illegal and egregious conduct.”
The parents told thethat school officials have done nothing to address their concerns, though the principal did tell the mother the school let her son down.
Here’s a link to AlterNet’s coverage.
As the school to prison pipeline widens, and the failed War on Drugs continues to rage like a wildfire, private – for profit – corporations like CCA clap like dolphins at Sea World. America creates the largest Criminal Class in history, and gladly furthers her status as the World’s Jailer.
BitcoDavid is a blogger and a blog site consultant. In former lives, he was an audio engineer, a videographer, a teacher – even a cab driver. He is an avid health and fitness enthusiast and a Pro/Am boxer. He has spent years working with diet and exercise to combat obesity and obesity related illness.
- Special-Ed Kid Forced to Snitch in Drug Sting, Now Facing Threats (alternet.org)
- Remember, Kids: The Police Are Your Friends (And Might Be Trying to Entrap You into a Drug Buy) (reason.com)
- Parents Accuse Public SCHOOL & COPS OF SETTING UP AUTISTIC SON IN DRUG STING (secretsofthefed.com)
- Post Birthday Digest Post (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Parents say special-needs student set up in drug bust (abclocal.go.com)
- Cops Go Undercover at High School to Bust Special-Needs Kid for Pot: Why Are Police So Desperate to Throw Kids in Jail? (alternet.org)
- Stop Hearing Loss Bullying Video Now Online (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- The Truth about Registration and the Deadly Weapon mythology (bitcodavidsboxingblog.com)
- Rockstar Talila Lewis Gets Op-Ed in Major Newspaper (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Broken Sign: Important Announcement from BitcoDavid (deafinprison.wordpress.com)