I promised Moorbey I’d reblog this petition, so here it belatedly is.
Reblogged from Moorbey’z Blog:
Dear Friends and Supporters:
One month ago I made a request for compassionate release which was honored by the warden at Carswell Federal Medical Center. Today the papers are still on a desk in Washington, D.C. even though the terminal cancer that I have contracted requires expeditious action.
Although I requested immediate action by the Bureau of Prisons, I find it necessary to again request immediate action from you, my friends, comrades and supporters to call the three numbers listed below on Thursday, May 30 and request action on my behalf.
This could result in my being able to access medical treatment at Sloan Kettering so that I can face the rest of my life with dignity surrounded by those I love and who love me.
Please do this.
Lynne Stewart FMS CARSWELL-53504-054
& Ralph Poynter
Lynne Stewart Defense Organization
B.O.P. – Director Charles Samuels – 1 202 307 3198 ext 3
The term Rat takes on a whole new meaning thanks to prison privatization. Huffpo reports that a private prison company is on the hotseat – and it’s not CCA (for a change). Apparently, in a private prison in Mississippi, the inmates are selling rats as pets. The name of the company is Management & Training Corporation, based in Utah. This particular institution, the East Mississippi Correctional Facility, houses primarily mentally ill inmates, and is being sued by the ACLU. Here’s the link from Huffpo.
J-Lo gets production credit for new ABC Family series about juvenile delinquency and the foster-home system. The show is called The Fosters, and it premiers on Monday. Here’s the link to ABC Family’s page.
BitcoDavid is a blogger and a blog site consultant. In former lives, he was an audio engineer, a videographer, a teacher – even a cab driver. He is an avid health and fitness enthusiast and a Pro/Am boxer. He has spent years working with diet and exercise to combat obesity and obesity related illness.
- “Lawsuit alleges ‘barbaric’ conditions at Mississippi prison” (sentencing.typepad.com)
- Mississippi sued over for-profit prisons that risk imates’ ‘death and loss of limbs’ (blacklistednews.com)
- The Story of One Prison Rape, In an Inmate’s Own Words (gawker.com)
- Not Really a Digest Post – Sort of an Apetiser (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Phone Calls Needed Now for Atty Lynne Stewart’s Compassionate Release (indybay.org)
- May 2013 at DeafInPrison.com (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- ACTION ALERT: Message from Lynne Stewart: Call for Compassionate Release Thursday, May 30th (lockupreform.com)
- CCA: Watered-down Human Trafficking (redwhiteandprison.wordpress.com)
- America’s Corrupt Justice System: Federal Private Prison Populations Grew by 784% in 10 Year Span (alternet.org)
- Most Influential Blogger Award (deafinprison.wordpress.com)