We have to stop this. The latest victim in the failed war on drugs is a veteran’s AlterNet reports that on Monday, June 3rd, another military commando SWAT team, armed with – among the tear gas grenades and AK47s – a search warrant for the wrong address, shot and killed an Iraq War veteran‘s dog..
Straight Edge Iraq War veteran Adam Arroyo, came home from work, to find his door smashed off the hinges, and his beloved dog – dead. Shot multiple times, and bled out on his kitchen floor. To add insult to injury, the dog was chained at the time. A real threat to life and limb.
Buffalo, New York cops have nothing to say. The warrant was for the house next door. The neighbor – for whom the warrant was intended, was allegedly dealing crack.
Now, one could say, if we’re going to have armed commandos carrying out drug busts like scenes from Saving Private Ryan, the least we could do is teach them to read. This is far from the first case of a Blackwater style band of brothers kicking down the wrong door and shooting up the wrong house. This is also far from the first case of a search warrant being used as license to enter a domicile with guns and grenades – locked and loaded.
Here’s the thing. What one Human is capable of doing to another is indeed a tragedy – but you harm a dog, and you’ve made an enemy of me.
Cindy’s law – That was the Pit bull‘s name – according to BitcoDavid. Immediate and unconditional cease-fire in the failed and inane war on drugs. No further use of SWAT teams or other forms of militarized police for arrests or searches unless probable cause shows the existence of lethal force at the scene. Financial compensation for all citizens – or their families – for all wrongful deaths and damage to property incurred during searches or arrests. Immediate institution of Community Policing policies and training for all cops.
When is enough, enough? When do you finally say, this isn’t America?
Here’s the link to the AlterNet page.
BitcoDavid is a blogger and a blog site consultant. In former lives, he was an audio engineer, a videographer, a teacher – even a cab driver. He is an avid health and fitness enthusiast and a Pro/Am boxer. He has spent years working with diet and exercise to combat obesity and obesity related illness.
- In Mistaken House Search, SWAT Team Rummages through Iraq Veteran’s House and Shoots His Dog (alternet.org)
- NY veteran says police killed dog in botched drug raid (foxnews.com)
- An Unpopular Point of View (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Dog shot by Bismarck officers dies (bismarcktribune.com)
- Violent military tactics used by police investigated by ACLU (mysecuritysign.com)
- Buffalo, NY Heroes Execute Man’s Dog … After Raiding Wrong Apartment (ericpetersautos.com)
- Newest Weapon in War on Drugs? Special-Ed Kids (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- 1 Black Man Is Killed Every 28 Hours by Police or Vigilantes in USA #Racism #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Paramilitary Police in America: What Are the Problems? (freedomoutpost.com)
- *OUCH* My Poor Coach (bitcodavidsboxingblog.com)