I was delightfully surprised when checking Felix’s petition, this morning. We’ve finally gotten out of the 300s, where we’ve been stuck for months. We are now the longest lived, and largest petition, since this case went public. As Pat Bliss stated in her last update, the clemency hearing for Felix is underway now. We need to get his petition delivered to Pam Bondi, Governor Scott and the rest of the cabinet members immediately. And we can’t do that until we have those 1000 signatures.
Please sign the petition, share it with your friends on FaceBook, Twitter and all the other social networks. E-mail it those, whom you believe can help. An innocent Deaf man is counting on us. He’s been seeking the justice that is rightfully due him, for over 30 years.
Felix, it turns out, is good with computers. In fact, he’s actually written several programs in use today, for the Florida DOC. Wouldn’t it be great to see this man who’s had his entire youth stolen from him, complete his education and perhaps find a place in the computer industry? Or think of the book he could write. Maybe the contribution this deeply devout Christian can make to the religious community.
No matter what he does, Felix must be freed. He deserves the chance at a life. He deserves Justice.
So, when you’re friends ask what you did today, you can either respond with the usual – nothing, or you can say you helped a Deaf man, framed in a murder case – and wrongfully imprisoned for 30 years – finally, win back his freedom. Please! Please! Make it the latter.
In case you missed it, in its many locations on the site and in this post, here’s the link to this vital petition:
Please understand that Felix’s clemency is up to the Judge, the lawyers – the court. But this petition, especially when delivered into the hands of power in the state of Florida, can have a profound impact on the final outcome of those hearings.
[Editor’s Note: You can see Felix’s amazing 8 part video interview with Pat Bliss and James Ridgeway, on our site. Links to all 8 segments can be found in our right hand sidebar. But for convenience, I have included a link to the first segment here. — BitcoDavid]
BitcoDavid is a blogger and a blog site consultant. In former lives, he was an audio engineer, a videographer, a teacher – even a cab driver. He is an avid health and fitness enthusiast and a Pro/Am boxer. He has spent years working with diet and exercise to combat obesity and obesity related illness.
- A First for Florida Deaf Prisoner Felix Garcia (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Rockstar Talila Lewis Gets Op-Ed in Major Newspaper (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- The Ultimate Bullying Target: Deaf in Prison (lipreadingmom.com)
- Update: 6/20/2013 (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- May 2013 at DeafInPrison.com (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Stop Hearing Loss Bullying Video Now Online (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Amazing ASL Video Informs About Domestic Abuse (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- *OUCH* My Poor Coach (bitcodavidsboxingblog.com)
- The Truth about Registration and the Deadly Weapon mythology (bitcodavidsboxingblog.com)
- Deaf Awareness Week – Day 5 **Happy Birthday, Felix!** (deafinprison.wordpress.com)