I know this has nothing to do with the Deaf, or the justice system, but I managed to talk BitcoDavid into giving me the mic, for just a few words. The 4th is tomorrow, and I’m asking dog owners and non alike, to take a moment to think about how we 4 legged people react to fireworks. I get that they’re pretty and stuff, but for us, they’re really scary.
We shake, cry, hide under tables, and some of us even lose control of our private functions! How would you like it? A dog has his dignity you know. So, just give it some thought. I’m not trying to wreck your fun, or your holiday. I’m just sayin’ that some dogs, cats and other bipedal challenged individuals have a tough time of it, during this holiday.
Concerts? Barbeques? Great! Knock yourself out! We love that stuff too, and especially when you take us along. Just don’t leave us in the car. It gets awfully hot in there, and sometimes dogs even die.
Just basically, when you’re out partying and enjoying the fourth, give some thought to what’s up with your bestest bud. That’s all I’m saying.
Jack is a Lab-Chow who has devoted his life to bringing awareness to the plight of Shelter Dogs and Rescues. He enjoys running, jumping and eating.
- Desperate Need of Fosters!!! Please Share even if you can not Foster! (sevenstarsanctuary.wordpress.com)
- The Efficacy of Human Interaction and Training in Reducing Stress and Improving Adoption Outcomes for Shelter Dogs. (canidsciencelibrary.com)
- Nose Works: Where Every Dog Is a Winner (Even the Naughty Ones) (notesfromadogwalker.com)
- Blind/Deaf Shelter Dogs; Can You Offer A Forever Home? (preciousjules1985.wordpress.com)
- June 2013 at DeafInPrison.com (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- What He Said, and What it Says About Us (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Event: Exhibition at Quietman Sports (bitcodavidsboxingblog.com)
- Stop Hearing Loss Bullying Video Now Online (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- A Must See Video Says it All (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- 26 Minutes in the SHU (deafinprison.wordpress.com)