So, logistically speaking, we’d have one PC at the site, with a webcam and internet hotspot. That machine would be sending the image of the entire group to the absentee members. Conversely, it would be receiving multiple video streams from those members, and the group would be able to see them.
Until I can get all that worked out however, I’m throwing the ball in your court. If anybody out there can think of some quick and easy ways to facilitate multiple video chats, please drop a line in the comments section.
We can use Yahoo Messenger, but that will only allow one feed at a time. We can use Google+ hang-outs, but it seems to me that we could come up with something more elegant and efficient. And I’d kinda like to do this without being assimilated by the Borg – if you get my drift.
Again, I can set this up to work through my server, but we’re looking for something in the interim. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, and you’ll be helping some fine people get access to the ASL they so desperately need.
BitcoDavid is a blogger and a blog site consultant. In former lives, he was an audio engineer, a videographer, a teacher – even a cab driver. He is an avid health and fitness enthusiast and a Pro/Am boxer. He has spent years working with diet and exercise to combat obesity and obesity related illness.
- Stop Hearing Loss Bullying Video Now Online (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Roaches, Swimming and ASL (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- What He Said, and What it Says About Us (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- June 2013 at DeafInPrison.com (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- A Must See Video Says it All (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Death in Custody: a PDF From the DOJ (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- 26 Minutes in the SHU (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- *OUCH* My Poor Coach (bitcodavidsboxingblog.com)
- May 2013 at DeafInPrison.com (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
2 thoughts on “A Quick Tech Question”
Hi David, I got back yesterday from a 3 week trip visiting relatives in Buffalo and Canada. Checking the 221 emails I have waiting and saw this. There is a British bogger in England who is a journalist for BBC that may help you on this venture. He is deaf/hoh. He is a friend of James Ridgeway and Felix’s story. They were talking about this kind of tech stuff. Here is his name and email
Charlie Swinbourne E-mail Address(es): email@example.com