Jeffrey Swartz posted a link to his latest blog story on the ASL Learner’s group. He makes numerous valid points on his own, but at the bottom of the post he embedded this video. After watching it, I knew I had to post it as well. This video is utterly amazing, and it will change your whole perspective on Sign, Deafness and even Cochlear Implant technology. It is a long video – just over an hour, but once you start watching, you won’t be able to stop. Rachel Coleman is an amazing woman, and her story is both moving and inspiring. Trust me, if you don’t absolutely love this video, I’ll… well, you’ll just love it.
Also worth noting, the video has flawless embedded captioning. You will not need to turn on the YouTube automated captioning thing, which is known for its 30% accuracy.
BitcoDavid is a blogger and a blog site consultant. In former lives, he was an audio engineer, a videographer, a teacher – even a cab driver. He is an avid health and fitness enthusiast and a Pro/Am boxer. He has spent years working with diet and exercise to combat obesity and obesity related illness.
- DeafInPrison.com Launches ASL Learners FaceBook Group (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- DeafInPrison.com Celebrates 50,000 Views!!! (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- A Must See Video Says it All (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- According to the ASL Meetup group… (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- 26 Minutes in the SHU (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Over 400 Signatures for Felix (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Excellent Interview Video on Solitary from WGBH (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- What He Said, and What it Says About Us (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- *OUCH* My Poor Coach (bitcodavidsboxingblog.com)
- June 2013 at DeafInPrison.com (deafinprison.wordpress.com)