We’ve been super busy – behind the scenes – here at DeafInPrison.com, so we haven’t been posting as much as I would like. But rest assured that we’re working hard on several projects that will end up as enjoyable and informative content for you – our precious readers. I did however, want to take a minute away from the grind, to wish you all a happy Thanksgiving, and to give my thanks to you – all of you – for the past year and a half’s support and succor. DeafInPrison.com
wouldn’t be what it is, without you.
During today’s festivities, let’s also take a minute to think about those of us for whom this day will most assuredly not be a happy one. The roughly 4 million of us who find themselves – wrongfully or rightfully – on the wrong side of the barbed wire. When the innocent go to prison it’s a travesty, and a tragedy. When the guilty go, it is as punishment, not for punishment. Nelson Mandela said, “No one truly knows a nation until one has been inside its jails. A nation should not be judged by how it treats its highest citizens, but its lowest ones.”
But if you’re Deaf, and in prison – then on this holiday and all others, you are truly alone.
BitcoDavid is a blogger and a blog site consultant. In former lives, he was an audio engineer, a videographer, a teacher – even a cab driver. He is an avid health and fitness enthusiast and a Pro/Am boxer. He has spent years working with diet and exercise to combat obesity and obesity related illness.
- Kids in Adult Jails: Almost Half States Stopping Practice (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Growing Gratitude for Thanksgiving (writingtofreedom.wordpress.com)
- Happy Thanksgiving! Watch America get fatter by state over 25 years (washingtonpost.com)
- Thanksgiving: Beer Bloggers Getting Non-Traditional (boozedancing.wordpress.com)
- Happy Thanksgiving! (bookblogbake.com)
- Guilt-free Thanksgiving: is it possible? (hellotofit.wordpress.com)
- The Thanksgiving Calorie Rant (lifewithlyn.com)
- Supporter Contribution by Dr. Damara Paris (deafinprison.wordpress.com
- Mac’s Reach Exceeded His Grasp (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- The Heart of Worship in ASL (silentheartministries.wordpress.com)
9 thoughts on “Happy Thanksgiving and Thank You for Reading Us”
Thanks for the link. Happy Thanksgiving. May we have more compassion. Brad
Amen. And thank you for your comment.
Thank you for thinking of Felix. God bless! Pat